MegaBox Jetso eShop Purchase Terms & Conditions
These purchase terms and conditions (“Purchase Terms”) govern your purchase of items available on MegaBox Jetso eShop (“eShop”) which is managed and operated by MEGABOX DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED (referred to as “MDCL/we/us”). Please read these Purchase Terms carefully. By placing your orders on the eShop, you agree that you have read, understood and accepted the Purchase Terms including any additional terms and conditions and any policies referenced herein, available on the eShop or available by hyperlink.
Making an order
1. You must be at least 18 years of age to make any purchase on the eShop.
2. Before you can place an order on the eShop, you will need to provide your personal information including your name, email address and mobile phone number. You shall not provide false information including false names, addresses and/or contact or payment details; or engage in any unlawful activity in connection with the purchase or use of the items, or allow anyone else to do so.
3. You shall review and confirm that all the information provided, including the amounts, pick up details, personal details and payment information, is true, accurate and complete before clicking the“Confirm” button when placing any orders. MDCL shall not be responsible for any loss or liability in events that any aforementioned information provided are incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, or not up to date.
4. When you submit an order, we will send you an email acknowledging receipt of your order. Our acceptance of the order takes place and a contract containing these Purchase Terms comes into existence when we send you email confirming that the ordered items are ready for collection. Nevertheless, MDCL expressly reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time without being liable for any damage or costs if we reasonably suspect or detect any fraudulent, unlawful or unusual behavior or activity associated with your order.
5. Once the order is submitted, no modification, cancellation, refund, exchange shall be made.
6. Any purchase of items on the eShop is for your personal and non-commercial use only and such items shall not be used for resale purpose.
7. Fulfillment of all orders on the eShop is subject to availability. MDCL explicitly reserves the right not to accept your order or cancel a contract for whatever reason by written notice to you without being liable for any damage or costs other than repayment of any amount received from you in relation to the order we rejected or the contract we cancelled.
8. The online payment transactions are processed via third party payment service provider. By making the purchase, you shall be deemed to have agreed and accepted that the transactions are subject to the terms and conditions of the payment service provider and your credit card or bank information (as the case may be) will be collected, processed, and kept by the payment service provider. You are solely and exclusively responsible for any loss or liability incurred or sustained by you in making the online payment transactions and MDCL shall not be responsible for any loss or liability in any event.
9. You must ensure that there is sufficient fund on credit card or any related electronic wallet to fulfil payment on an order. MDCL will not bear any responsibility in any case of failure of order placement caused by insufficient fund.
10. If you have chosen payment by credit card you warrant that the relevant credit card payment transaction is duly authorized. If the credit card issuing bank refuses to authorize the payment to MDCL, the order will be cancelled, MDCL shall not be responsible for any loss or damage.
All purchase and transaction at the eShop are not eligible for any promotion, rewards, redemption activities of malls, including Mega Club bonus point redemption, gifts redemption, and free parking redemption. However, the transaction amount with the redemption of any cash vouchers purchased from the eShop can be used for Mega Club bonus point earning, gifts redemption and free parking redemption. Please visit www.megabox.com.hk
for the promotion details and the relevant terms and conditions shall apply.
Items description and price
12. Items displayed on the eShop for sale may be subject to daily quotas and are available on a first-come, first-served basis while stocks last.
13. The purchase of items and/or the redemption of any cash vouchers purchased on the eShop may not be used in conjunction with other promotion activities organized by MDCL at MegaBox or on the eShop.
14. All items available on eShop are to be supplied and/or provided by the relevant merchants as specified on the eShop, cash vouchers and/or merchandises.
15. All photos and descriptions on the eShop are for reference only.
16. All items are non-refundable, non-transferrable, not for resale, non-exchangeable for cash, cash coupon, gift certificate, coupon, products or services.
17. Whilst MDCL will use reasonable commercial endeavours to display accurate and up to date prices, we are not liable for any errors or omissions on the descriptions of items. We reserve the right to change, modify, substitute, suspend or remove without notice any items or information on the eShop from time to time.
18. MDCL does not represent or warrant the completeness or fitness for purpose of the items. MDCL shall not be liable for the quality, safety, usability or any other aspect of the items. You acknowledge and agree that use of or reliance upon the eShop and any content, goods, products or services accessed or obtained thereby is at your sole risk and discretion.
Collection of ordered items
19. You will receive a notification email upon successful payment, then you will receive a status update email after 3-5 working dates. You shall pick up your ordered items in the following manner within 30 days after receiving our email notifying you the status of the ordered items as “Arrived”:
(i) Pick Up cash vouchers:
Pick Up Location: MegaBox Redemption/Mega Club Counter@G
Pick Up Time: 12:00nn - 10:00pm
Pick Up Method: Please bring along our email notifying the status of the ordered items
(ii) Pick up merchandises:
Please follow the instructions on the notification email, and go to respective merchandises’ providing shops to pick up and/or arrange delivery.
20. We and staff of merchants’ shops reserve the right to request customer to provide necessary information upon collection of the ordered items for verification of purchase and/or identity.
21. Collection of items shall be rescheduled or rearranged upon Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No.8 or above or Black Rainstorm Warning is hoisted, while the collection deadline and cash vouchers’ expiry date shall remain unchanged.
22. You are responsible for inspecting the items upon collection and shall raise any issues and/or defects before leaving the aforesaid pick-up location, no exchange of goods or no reissuance of cash vouchers and/or merchandises will be entertained afterwards under any circumstances.
23. Cash vouchers are issued by and valid at the merchants’ designated outlets only. Merchant terms and conditions apply. You must follow the redemption instructions associated with the cash vouchers stipulated by the issuing merchants. For details, please refer to the full terms and conditions of the cash vouchers. Please contact the designated merchants for any enquiries.
24. Cash vouchers will become invalid after the expiry date. No refund or cash exchange will be given for unredeemed or unused cash vouchers that have expired.
25. In the event that the right to use an unexpired cash voucher becomes extinguished due to the cessation of operation of the issuing merchants at MegaBox, MDCL will notify you as soon as practicable and will offer you at our option, either a new voucher with comparable benefits (if available) or the repayment of your purchased price of the said cash voucher.
26. You must use the cash vouchers in person at the issuing merchants’ designated outlets. Any attempt to redeem a cash voucher contrary to these Purchase Terms may render the cash voucher void at MDCL’s discretion.
27. All merchandises are available on a first-come, first-served basis while stocks last.
28. MDCL is not the seller or supplier of merchandises that are listed for sale on the eShop. MDCL is only responsible for maintenance of the eShop, handling of orders/transactions and transferring payments made by customers to the merchandises’ selling merchants. MDCL shall not be responsible for any loss or liability arising out of or in connection with the purchase and usage of the merchandises under any circumstances.
29. You shall inquire with respective merchants about each merchandise’s return or exchange policies before placing any orders and shall inspect the items upon collection. If any merchants can provide merchandise return or exchange services, you still shall directly contact respective merchants for related arrangements. MDCL shall not be liable for the return or exchange services of merchandises under any circumstances.
30. Some merchandises may not be available for self-pick up at merchants’ shops and must be collected by delivery, which may incur additional costs to customers. You shall refer to the product details on each merchandise’s page in the eShop and inquire with respective merchants about each merchandise’s delivery charge and policy. MDCL shall not be liable for any cost, loss or liability arising out of or in connection with the pick up and/or delivery of the merchandises under any circumstances.
31. In the case that customers are not able to pick up any purchased merchandises due to closure of the respective merchant’s shops, such risks and losses shall be entirely borne by the customers. MDCL shall not be responsible for such loss or liability under any circumstances.
32. All merchandises redemption letters (notification emails) must be used within the designated period. Expired redemption letters will not be accepted, and no reissue will be provided afterwards under any circumstances.
33. The pictures and merchandises information are for reference only. There may be discrepancy between the pictures/descriptions and the actual merchandises. The appearance/details of actual merchandises and merchants’ information shall prevail. All merchandise names and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks owned by the respective company or owner(s) of such company.
34. Any merchandise information (including but not limited to size, material, colour, composition, validity, etc.) (if applicable) are directly provided by the respective merchants, who shall be solely responsible for all related obligations and liabilities.
35. MDCL does not represent or warrant that any merchandise (will be of merchantable quality or will be fit for any purpose (even if that purpose has been previously notified to us).
Limitation of liability and indemnity
36. MDCL shall not be responsible in any case of network problems, system malfunctioning, poor phone reception, blocking by third party applications, incomplete/ inaccurate/ missing information provided by you that cause the delay, loss, mistake or corruption of an information transfer, which caused failure of completion of order/transaction, failure of delivery of confirmation email and/or other issues of order/transaction. You are obliged to provide information that is complete, accurate and truthful for the proper processing of your order, including your contact details and payment information.
37. To the extent permitted by law, MDCL (which shall include its employees, directors, agents, representatives, affiliates and parent company) exclude all liability (whether arising in contract, in negligence or otherwise) for loss or damage which you or any third party may incur in connection with the eShop, services provided thereon, the items you purchased, and any website linked to the eShop and any content or material posted on it. MDCL shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or exemplary damages arising from any claim related in any way to your use of the eShop.
38. MDCL does not assume any liability for the quantity, quality, condition or other representations of the items (including food and beverages) provided or supplied by the merchants or guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information (including photos and images of the items) displayed on the eShop.
39. To the extent permitted by law, MDCL exclude all liability (whether arising in contract, tort or otherwise and whether or not due to MDCL’s negligence) which MDCL may otherwise have to you as a result of:
(i) any technical, factual, textual or typographical inaccuracies, errors or omissions on or relating to the eShop (including using our applications or software) or any information on the eShop;
(ii) the unavailability of the eShop (or any part of it), merchandise or services;
(iii) any delay in providing, or failure to provide or make available, merchandise or services, or any negligent provision of merchandise or services;
(iv) any merchandise not being of merchantable quality or fit for their intended purpose; or
(v) any misrepresentation on or relating to the eShop, the merchandise or the services.
40. MDCL is not liable for any breach of an obligation under these Purchase Terms where we are hindered or prevented from carrying out our obligation by any cause beyond our reasonable control.
41. MDCL’s total liability to you shall in no circumstances exceed the amount of the purchase price of the items.
42. You agree to indemnify, defend, hold harmless MDCL (which shall include our employees, directors, agents, representatives, affiliates and parent company), from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of the eShop or breach of these Purchase Terms.
43. Save as required by law:
(i) MDCL will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses, including loss of profits, business or goodwill, arising out of any problem you notify to MDCL, and
(ii) MDCL will have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation except otherwise specified in these terms and conditions.
(iii) You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase merchandise from the eShop. MDCL makes no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the merchandise you purchase.
(iv) You agree that each of these limitations is reasonable having regard to the nature of the eShop and in particular given that when you purchase merchandise through the eShop you will enter into a separate contract with the merchant selling respective merchandise in each case.
(v) None of the above exclusions shall affect any statutory rights which are not capable of being excluded. However, in such case MDCL’s obligation, where permitted by law, will be limited to the resupply of our services or the merchandise to you.
(vi) Each of the above exclusions or limitations shall be construed as a separate, and severable, provision of these terms and conditions.
44. MDCL reserves the right to void, discontinue or reject the use of any promotion offer available on the eShop without prior notice and without incurring any liability.
46. MDCL shall have the right without any prior notice or warning to terminate or suspend any access to or use of the eShop for any reason, including, without limitation, if we consider in our sole discretion that the access and/or use is unacceptable, or in breach of these Purchase Terms.
47. MDCL reserves the right to unilaterally amend these Purchase Terms at any time without notice and without incurring any liability to any party whatsoever. The amended Purchase Terms shall be effective immediately upon posting and you agree to the new Purchase Terms and be bound by the new Purchase Terms at the time you make a purchase. MDCL reserves the right of final decision in case of any dispute.
48. No person other than MDCL (including our successors and assigns) and you (who have made the purchase on the eShop) will have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Ordinance to enforce or enjoy the benefit of any of the provision of these Purchase Terms.
50. These Purchase Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
51. In case of any conflict or inconsistency between the English and Chinese versions of these Purchase Terms, the English version shall prevail.
MegaBox Jetso eShop Terms and Conditions of Use
Use of the eShop
The eShop allows users to use various functions and provides marketing and promotional information about services and activities on offer at MegaBox.
or at our sole discretion.
You must not engage in any conduct or do anything that would damage, impair or interfere with the operation or security of the eShop, the system hosting the eShop, or any of our computer systems.
The eShop contains proprietary information, content and materials, including but not limited to text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, music, sound, icons, logos, designs, trade names, patents, trademarks, software codes and technologies (“Content”), that is owned by MDCL and/or third parties and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws, including but not limited to copyright. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights. Your use and/or access to the eShop does not grant, transfer to or confer upon you any right, title or interest in the Content.
and the Personal Information Collection Statement mentioned at the bottom of this page.
All reasonable efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the content and materials displayed on the eShop. We regularly review the eShop and, where appropriate, will update pages to reflect any changes to the features, functionality and available services of the eShop.
The eShop, the content and materials, and goods and services on the eShop are provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, and we disclaim all warranties, whether express or implied, to the maximum extent permitted by law, including but not limited to warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for purpose, non-infringement of intellectual property or proprietary rights, confidentiality or privacy of any communication or information transmitted on the eShop or any sites linked to the eShop, compatibility between the eShop and any software or hardware, accuracy, reliability or availability of the goods and services on offer, or arising from the course of dealing or usage of trade. You accept all risk and responsibility for your use of the eShop, including the submission of any personal data and credit/ debit card information (where applicable).
The materials on the eShop are for general information only and nothing on the eShop contains professional advice or any binding commitment upon us in relation to the accuracy, reliability or availability of the products and services on offer or provided by us.
Your use of the eShop is at your own risk. We do not warrant or represent that your access to the eShop will be uninterrupted or error-free or that any information, data, content or other material accessible via the eShop will be free of viruses, bugs, malwares or other harmful components that may interfere with or damage the operation, security or functionality of your device(s).
You acknowledge that your access to the eShop on your device(s) depends on the mobile network carrier or internet. You agree that we are not responsible for any delays, interruptions or suspension of the services available through the eShop which are caused by the failure of network connectivity. You also agree that we are not responsible for any malfunctions, failures, difficulties, or lost, stolen or misdirected messages, transmissions or entries, or the security of any communications entered by you. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be responsible for injury, loss or damage to your device(s), or interception, use or disclosure of confidential information (such as credit/ debit card information (where applicable) or other personality identifiable information), arising out of your use of the eShop or any sites linked or associated with the eShop.
Limitation of Liability
Notwithstanding all efforts made by us to ensure the security, functionality and accuracy of the eShop, and to the fullest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable to you or to anyone (whether in tort, contract, equity, or otherwise) for any loss or damage of whatsoever amount (including but not limited to direct or indirect loss, loss of profits or data, or special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential loss) arising out of or in connection with (i) any use, reference to or reliance on any content or materials on the eShop; (ii) any inaccuracies, omissions, mis-statements or errors in any content or materials on the eShop; (iii) the access to or use of the eShop or its digital functions; (iv) the access to or use of any information held on or through the eShop by unauthorized third parties; (v) any delays, disruptions, defects, failures, or technical errors caused by the eShop; (vi) any acts, omissions, errors, warranties, representations, breaches or negligence of third parties or any injury, illness, death, loss or damage arising from your use of any third party websites, applications, products or services available on the eShop; or (vii) the performance or non-performance by us with respect to products or services available on the eShop; even if you have been advised of the possibility of any or all of the foregoing.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you hereby waive any and all rights to bring any claim or action related to the eShop in any forum beyond one year after the first occurrence of the kind of act, event, condition or omission upon which such claim or action is based.
If you have any queries or concerns about the eShop, please contact the Customer Service Representative by email at email@example.com or by telephone at 2989 3000.
Personal Data Collection Statement
This Personal Data Collection Statement (“PICS”) applies to any personal data provided or collected by MEGABOX DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED (referred to in this PICS as “MDCL”, “we” or “us”) for or in relation to the purposes set out in this PICS.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of any personal information that we collect from you or that you provide to us. We are equally committed to ensuring that all our employees and any third party service providers who may be engaged by us also respects your privacy. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance"), we have certain legal obligations regarding the collection and use of personal data.
By providing us with your personal information, you are agreeing with and accepting the terms of our PICS. If you do not agree with or accept the terms of our PICS, please do not submit your personal information to us.
What Kind Of Information Is Collected?
We receive and collect two basic types of information from you, namely, “Personal Data” and “Non-Personal Data”.
“Personal Data” is any information that relates to you and can individually identify you. The personal data we collect from you may include your name, email address, and telephone number.
You may choose not to provide your personal information to us. However, in general, the personal information which we request from you is necessary for the relevant purposes listed in the next section. As such, it is mandatory for you to provide your personal data for such purposes. Otherwise, we cannot properly provide our services to you for the relevant purposes.
“Non-Personal Data” includes information/ data about your use of our website such as your access time, page(s) visited, IP address, browser type, operating system and demographics etc. Such Non-personal Data do not individually identify you and any particular visitor of our website. We only and collect and use these Non-Personal Data for customizing, enhancing, maintaining, improving and optimizing the quality of our website and to compile statistics about our customers and to analyse site usage. The PICS in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of such Non-Personal Data.
What Are Our Purposes For Collecting and Using Your Personal data?
• Mutual communications between you and MDCL.
• Process your orders, requests or enquiries.
• Enforce and perform the terms of commercial dealings with you.
• Facilitate payment for products and services supplied to you.
• Facilitate your use of online services available at any of our website(s), software(s), or through other telecommunication channels.
• Verify identity in connection with any of the products, services or information that may be supplied to you or required from us.
• Use for our internal management or administrative purposes to maintain, evaluate and improve products and services from our company, including but not limited to sending surveys and questionnaires to you for such purpose.
• Use for our legal compliance obligations to which we are subject for in relation to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime and the analysis and management of commercial risks.
• Use for any other incidental or associated purposes relating to the above.
Who We May Disclose Your Personal Data To?
We will not provide, transfer or disclose your Personal Data collected to any third parties, except under any of the following situations:
• To a limited number of our subsidiaries and associated companies that we consider appropriate and relevant in connection with the purposes and /or any of the services that are stated in the previous section, but we shall only do so on a need to know basis.
• To our subsidiaries and associated companies or third party service provider(s) engaged by us who need access to such information to provide services for or in relation to the website(s) or to provide information technology support to us, and /or to conduct maintenance of our servers, data banks, data bases and data management system.
• To our advisors, which includes our accountants, auditors, lawyers, other professional advisors and business contacts for the purpose of assisting us to better manage, support or develop our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
• To government or other law enforcement or regulatory authorities for the purpose of complying with any applicable laws or regulations or court orders or lawful requests or to protect our rights or properties.
• To any other party at your consent or at your direction or whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data to.
• To (actual or prospective) purchaser(s)/assignee(s) as part of, or during negotiation of, reorganisation, merger or transfer of our business or interest in our subsidiaries and associated companies.
• Otherwise as permitted or required by any applicable laws or regulations.
We will not be using, disclosing, providing or transferring your personal data to any third party for use in direct marketing or for any other purposes not set out above unless we have obtained your express voluntary consent to do so.
Cookies are small computer text files that are sent from a website to the browser of your device (e.g. computer, smart-phone, tablet, as the case may be) and are stored on your computer/device to improve your browsing experience on those websites and to provide the website operator with non-personal data/analytical information to help improve your website browsing experience and the quality of the relevant website(s).
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You may choose not to accept cookies from the website(s) by changing your cookies setting. However, if you choose to disable cookies on your computer/device, you may find that some features and functions of the website(s) may not work properly.
Links To Other Websites
When you are browsing on our website and when you click on the hyperlinks to the other companies or organisations etc. listed in the information provided in our website and be directed to those websites that are not controlled or managed by us, this PICS does not apply to those websites that may independently collect or solicit both personal and non-personal data from you. If you visit those websites, you should consult their privacy policies before providing your personal data on those other websites. We shall not be liable in relation your activities on those other websites.
Your Rights To Request Access To and Correction Of Personal Data
You have the right to request and access to and/or correction of your personal data held by us. If you wish to request access to and/or correction of your personal data or if you have any enquiries regarding this PICS, please contact our Personal Data Privacy Officer by email or by post or fax to the addresses set out below. Please mark “Confidential: Personal Data Access/Correction/Enquiries” on your correspondence:-
Post: Unit 15, L11
Enterprise Square 5
38 Wang Chiu Road, Kowloon Bay
Fax: (852) 2967 1687
Revision And Interpretation of PICS
We reserve the right to change the terms of our PICS at any time. Your continued provision of your personal information to us following the posting of the changes to the terms of our PICS means you agree with and accept our changes and the latest version of our PICS.
If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version of the PICS, the English Version shall prevail.
Version Date: 24 September 2021